Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Dead @ Shoreline, Mountain View, CA

**May 14th and 15th**

3 short days after my family left, we were ready for another adventure. The Dead had announced a 2009 tour and we were all over getting tickets. We originally had tickets for the Los Angeles show, but it fell on Mother's Day weekend when the fam was down. So we sold those tickets and decided to make the trip north to the mountain view show. This was fine with us b/c all of our trips to NoCal have been FANTASTIC! we love it there.

I took Thursday and Friday off of school. (the show was Thursday night, May 14th). I'm a big fan and supporter of taking your personal days as a teacher =). We left early Thursday and got to our hotel around 2. Now...if you've never been to a show like this then I must explain the "Parking Lot Scene". This is a must . EVERYBODY gets to the show extra early to hang out in the parking lot. Just picture 1000's of hippies at a tailgate. Our friend, Dave, from High Sierra music festival 2008 met us in the lot. A lot of beer drinking ensued and we were ready for the show. Our tickets were for the grassy knoll behind all the seats, but I must say these were the best seats in the house. We took our blanket and could sprawl out with lots of room. IT WAS AN AMAZING SHOW. here was the setlist:

FIRST SET:
Jack Straw
U.S. Blues
Mason's Children
Ship of Fools
Friend of the Devil
Standing on the Moon
Terrapin Station
Back into...Standing on the Moon

SECOND SET:
Estimated Prophet
New Potato Caboose
Born Cross-Eyed
Dear Mr. Fantasy (Traffic cover)
Drums
Space
Morning Dew
China Cat Sunflower
I know You Rider
Scarlet Begonias (my favorite!!)
Fire on the Mountain
Deal

We had a great time!!


The lot

yes he does.

so excited!


Let the pre-show photo sesh begin











This is what jess did when I asked him at the end of the show "hey jess...how do you feel about the dead show?"


Awesome Venue

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

You two make the prettiest couple. Looks like so much fun!

lizcannon said...

you guys are too cool for school.