Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Inbetweens

Whew! So that is the update from Mother's Day all the way to July with pictures. What else has been going on?

*I survived my second year of teaching! I'm on board for year 3.

*Our kickball league went undefeated and won the championships!

*We are playing another season of kickball. we are now 3 -1 (lost first game...jess and I were in san fran so we still feel undefeated)

*been doing A LOT of beach going this summer. One of my favorite things to do is ride my bike to the beach, people watch, surfer watch, and relax.

*There have been multiple days and nights at the compound (the compound is 2 houses on the same piece of property where natalie, justin (charbs), erik, casey, and hani live) They are a bike ride away and we are taking over the neighborhood. We have lots of cookouts there and many games of cornhole.

*We celebrated Robin's (fellow math teacher) 40th birthday. her husband threw her a surprise party at Stick and Stein (her favorite restaurant) It was a lot of fun. At 12:30 am Robin, Kristi (other math teacher), myself and Gigi (Ted McGinley's wife) decided it would be a good idea to go to the Morgongo, an indian casino a couple of hours outside of LA. So we went. We didn't get back home until 6 in the morning. Nothing like hanging out with a few 40 year olds =)

*I've watched too much trash tv

*I got to hang out with Casey Wetz Thompson 2 weeks in a row. She now works for Red Bull and was in LA for Red Bull College. This included TWO trips to Musha, my favorite restaurant.

*I leave for OK on Tuesday and get to stay for a whole month! I can't wait! I miss my family so much! Lo is set to have her baby soon, ben is growing by the second, and I just plain miss ma and da!

So I met my goal of catching up before leaving for OK =). I'm going to have much to blog about when I return.

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

HOORAY! Only 1 more sleep...

CaseyMWetz said...

YAY for the update and YAY for hanging out two weeks in a row!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

...do i want the explanation of what playing cornhole consists of...love