...Yes it was a fantastic mother's day weekend with the fam. Their timing of arrival was perfect as I was finishing up coaching my last tennis match of the season: the championship match versus Wildwood. We unfortunately fell short in the match taking second, but we did win the Sportsmanship Award for the season, which I took great pride in =) (and we got a banner in the gym for this award!)
2009 Pacific Basin League Runners Up
happy coach
As soon as I got home my mom, sister, grandma, and nephew were all at my house to greet me! we were in for 3 days of hanging out, laughing, being lazy, walking around Venice, and it was fabulous! The highlight for me was getting to take my mom and grandma to "Grandparents and Special Friends Day" at my school. This is a half day at school (out at noon) where the kids get to bring their grandparents or special friends to experience a day in the life of a St. Matt's student. Mom and gram got to see me teach 2 classes (although...it is not a typical class, still fun), walk around campus (it is a huge, beautiful campus), and go to chapel (we have chapel twice a week at school). I loved sharing with them my daily dose of my life in california and also showing THEM off to all my school friends.
(MOM made me do it) pointing to championship banner from last year
my school's beautiful chapel. not a bad place to start every Monday morning.
sitting on a bench outside my classroom (this photo made it in the yearbook!!)
The rest of our time was spent just being together, taking it easy, hanging out in Venice
taking it easy at Venice boardwalk.
Before the tat!!
1 comment:
First of all...I love the pic of the two of us at the Boardwalk. We look alike!
Second of all...I love getting to see the chapel!
Third of all...can't believe mom and gram made it in the yearbook!
Fourth of all...Why in the world are Ben and I posing in front of that waxing place? :)
Post a Comment